STcontroller is a personal computer application that offers a quick and easy means of confirming and revising selected parameters associated with a number of Studio Technologies Dante-compatible products. Versions of STcontroller are available that are compatible with personal computers running specified versions of the Windows and macOS X operating systems. Installation is fast and the programs require a minimal amount of a personal computer’s resources. Upon executing the program STcontroller will scan a local area network (LAN) and automatically identify compatible Dante devices. The Dante device names will be displayed and then the user can select and control the desired units.
STcontroller versions will support the following Studio Technologies products:
- Models 204, 205, 206, 208, 214, 215, 216, 232, 234, and 236 Announcer’s Consoles
- Model 207 eSports Console
- Model 209 Talent Console
- Model 348 Intercom Station
- Model 354 Talk Station
- Models 370A, 371A, 372A, 373A, and 374A Intercom Beltpacks
- Model 381 On-Air Beltpack
- Model 391 Dante Alerting Unit
- Model 392 Visual Indicator Module
- Model 5205 Mic/Line to Dante Interface
- Model 5304 Intercom Station
- Model 5414 Mic/Line Input & Line Output Interface
- Model 5418 Mic/Line Interface
- Model 5421 Dante Intercom Audio Engine
STcontroller has the ability to save and load configurations for all the supported products. In this way the configuration of one unit can be “cloned” to others as desired. This will speed deployment and ensure consistency among units. Configurations can be created and stored “off line” using the Demo mode. This eliminates the need to have physical units present to prepare configurations.
To install the STcontroller application begin by downloading one of the files below. Contained in the .zip file is a read-only text file and an installer executable file. An installer application will guide users through the install process.
|Operating System Compatibility||Version||File||Last Updated|
|Windows 10 (32- and 64-bit versions)||3.05.00||STcontrollerInstaller-WinOS-v3r05r00.zip||03-Sep-2021|
|macOS X (Sierra version 10.12 and later)||3.05.00||STcontrollerInstaller-MacOS-v3r05r00.zip||02-Sep-2021|
|Important: Refer to the Tech Note “Can’t Select a Network Interface in STcontroller?” for details about enabling shared interface.|